Egg and Nut Allergy!!

Dear Parents/Guardians,

It has come to our attention that a child in our school has a severe allergic reaction to eggs and nuts. This allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock) can occur through ingestion of egg or nut products, cross contamination and breathing egg or nuts in the air.

Since this condition can be life threatening, we are asking for your help in minimising the risk to this child by:

  1. Avoiding giving children eggs or nuts in school lunches
  2. Avoiding giving peanut butter sandwiches, other spreads containing nuts such as Nutella and snacks/bars containing nuts or labelled “may contain nut traces” in school lunches
  3. Avoiding giving egg sandwiches, mayonnaise, coleslaw fresh pasta or any others foods containing eggs in school lunches
  4. Asking children not to share their lunches.

Due to the severity of the problem, it is important that all parents carry out the suggested measures and reduce the risk of allergic reaction to this child.

We thank you for your co-operation.

Marion Sherlock

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.